Easter is just around the corner, and as the shops fill up with chocolates and parents get busy with decorations for the traditional Easter egg hunt, we thought we would share some cocktail ideas for you to surprise your family and friends with.
We like to think Easter is exciting not just for kids but adults as well - as such, we’ve put the Malteaster bunny and the Cadbury creme egg head to head on a cocktail-off...and you get to pick the winner!
Malteaser Bunny Cocktail
- 1 ½ oz Baileys
- ½ oz butterscotch liqueur (optional)
- ½ oz milk
- ½ oz single cream
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 mini malteaster bunnies (one for garnish)
- whipped cream
- crushed ice
- Place the crushed ice, vanilla ice cream, 3 malteaster bunnies, milk, single cream, baileys and butterscotch liqueur (optional) in a blender.
- Blend all ingredients and pour into a wine glass.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with a malteaster bunny and chocolate shavings or powder.
Creme Egg Cocktail
For the creme egg cocktail you'll need:
- 1 oz vanilla vodka
- ½ oz white chocolate liqueur (optional)
- ½ oz vanilla Syrup
- ½ oz Advocaat liqueur
- 1 oz milk
- 1 oz cream
- 2 cadbury creme eggs (1 for garnish)
- In a chilled martini glass pour ½ oz of Advocaat
- Place cubed ice, vanilla vodka, white chocolate liqueur, vanilla syrup, milk, single cream and the filling of 1 creme egg into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake very hard.
- Strain the contents into the advocate carefully.
- Dice the chocolate from the creme egg which we took the filling from and dust the shavings on top.
- Garnish with a creme egg on a cocktail stick or a skewer.
We hope you enjoyed these recipes - give it a go this Easter and pick a winner!
Alternatively you can always book a table with us this Sunday and enjoy 2-4-1 cocktails on our happy hour promotion, like the Barnamint Baileys, which is just as tasty as the Malteaster cocktail.
And if you really want to spoil yourself, have a look at our tasty ice cream cocktails like the Banoffee Pie.
Happy Easter from all of us at The Snug!